Saturday, April 17, 2010

Explanation of Find My Research

Find My Research was originally established to provide legal services to the general public and attorney's. I was under the assumption that I was legally allowed to provide assistance to the general public with filling out forms and various other tasks. I knew that I was not allowed to provide legal advice or represent them in court. Soon I realized that any service I provided to the general public would be considered unauthorized practice of law.

I started targeting attorney's in the local area. Most of the attorney's in the immediate area already had a paralegal or did not use a paralegal. Some attorney's feel that a paralegal cannot benefit them or the attorney has always completed the tasks on their own and do not need the service of a paralegal. I also searched advertisements for paralegal positions listed with Dayton Daily News, Craigslist, Monster and Indeed.

Finally, I came in contact with a local attorney that did need my services. Soon after meeting with the attorney he provided me with over 900 pages of medical records to review and summarize. He said he would like the project complete in two weeks and gave me a limit on the amount of hours. I started reviewing and summarizing the records, before I knew it the project was finished. I contacted the attorney, he said he was satisfied that I had completed the project in a week and under the hours alloted.

Also, as a result of posting an advertisement on Craiglists another opportunity became available. Originally, the job included being a paralegal it soon expanded due to my ability to complete different tasks. Currently, I am assisting the company with marketing, development and soon training new employees. To learn more about my experience with this company please check back

No comments:

Post a Comment